Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Post Bereft of References to April Fool's Day

Gotcha! Woo, jokes are fun, and you all just got suckered into the greatest of them all! I hope that you all will forgive me.

April Fool's Day, April Fool's Day, but April Fool's Day until April Fool's Day got April Fool's Day another April Fools' Day. Oh, and Gary says, "April Fool's Day."

Moving on, today is a big day for soccer with Champions League quaterfinals going on in Europe. I, however, am far more concerned with DC United's away leg against Pachuca tonight. It's the semi-finals of the CONCACAF Champions Cup and I am hoping and praying that DC will be able to pull out a win down there (they never have won a game in Mexico before). I will be totally happy with a tie, but a loss will definitely make things difficult for them.

Houston and Saprissa will play their semi-final game tomorrow (in Costa Rica). I can't even begin to say how excited that would make me to see two MLS teams in the final final (no mistake there, this is the last year of existence for the CONCACAF Champions Cup--it will become the CONCACAF Champions League this year and will increase the number of participating teams from 8 to 24. This is a GREAT thing).

Sadly, I will have to miss the game, but I will make a giant effort to try and watch it later on (by any means necessary).

No comments: