NEWhat a strange start to the season. So many upsets and injuries. So many goals. I hardly know what to think anymore. Yet, I will do my best to rank these teams as I see them in strength. I am ditching the conference format and setting up as single table from here on out.
1. Chicago Fire - They haven't been consistently dominant in play, but they have gotten the wins.
2. Kansas City - They drop to 2nd after a loss to NE and the scoreless tie against Houston. A win against Chicago this week will earn them the #1 spot again.
3. Colorado Rapids - I will be shocked if they don't get the win against San Jose. Christian Gomez seems to have sparked something in this team. Can they keep it up over the long run though?
4. NE Revolution - Injuries that would have left other teams crippled have been staved off by some young guns stepping up.
5. DC United - A strong team that has been distracted but Champions Cup. They'll be rising again now that they've been knocked out.
6. FC Dallas - Kenny Cooper and Arturo Alvarez are proving their worth.
7. Columbus Crew - An impressive win against Chivas puts them in the seven spot. Their attack is faring better than expected.
8. Chivas USA - With Mendoza and Kljestan out with red cards, the Goats could have a tough time in Dallas.
9. Red Bulls New York - The defense doesn't look up to snuff, but they still look decently strong.
10. Real Salt Lake - Still my dark horse, and they are finally starting to gel. I don't care if it was against a weak DCU squad. They looked good out there, and the confidence is rising.
11. Houston Dynamo - Too many woes for this team right now. Caig in goal has not found form and makes you wonder if he ever had it. Boswell is not looking good in defense either.
12. Toronto FC - They get a great road win over LA and the addition of Amado "El Lobo" Guevara will help, but it is too risky to think that he will stay happy all season long.
13. - LA Galaxy - Strange times in LA. Ditch Lalas, ditch Ruiz, and spread that $$$ around for some quality across the board.
14. - San Jose Earthquakes - Keep your heads up, boys. Some day it will come.