Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Burn Notice

Last night Utah beat Houston again (in Houston) and now get to head back home for what will presumably be the final two games of the series. It is not impossible for Houston to come back and get one, but I don't see it happening.

After the game, Cody showed us a show called Burn Notice. Think MacGyver meets Jack Bauer. The basic plot is of a spy who gets a "burn notice" (or perhaps more commonly we would say black listed or something) from the agency for which he was working. They freeze his assets so he has no access to funds, and leave him high and dry in the middle of a "situation" (I used that word so I wouldn't have to reveal too many plot details). The show was quite enjoyable. It was witty/clever as well as exciting and reminded me of that feeling I used to get when MacGyver would come waltzing into a bad situation and then escape by making some kind of laser gun out of french fries (although this one seems more realistic so far). Anyway, I give it a thumbs up. Go check it out.

Also, it even features Bruce Campbell (who played Ash in Evil Dead/Army of Darkness). So, toake that you B, cult movie junkies.

No comments: