Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Papa's Poem Corner Episode 26: Or So The Germans Would Have You Believe...

Ah yes. References to Germans. Nice.

Well, I just got back from the chiro/physical-therapist and I have to briefly comment on how disturbing it is to get your neck and spine popped. I don't think that I'll ever get used to that. It is downright creepy. And, on an absolutely non-related note, last night Sierra and I watched The Great Debaters. I must say that it was a very moving film. I highly recommend it.

POEM TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The Silent Lamia


Alone in her tower the silent Lamia waits
to prey on the children she knows will come.
She never has to wait long
for children who don’t understand
or others who trust in a strength that will fail
or those who want to be eaten,
like me.

More than the demon’s self,
for the demons too come to kneel,
and seek affections,
and beg for just one taste of her mouth
as they’re devoured
without ever hearing her voice.

We devoured sit inside her
glad to finally be let in.


I should make it clear that this poem is not about my wife. I'm sure that she would want me to clarify that. Anyway, and now--today's haiku.


Curious river
winds along to seek the sea;
cement wall dams.

No comments: