Thursday, May 29, 2008

More On Global Warming

I am looking into this, but for now I will give you the taste test of what may appear to be a massive effort to get scientists to speak up and denounce global warming. I have said before that I don't pretend to know whether or not it is real, but I am greatly concerned about the fact that those who argue its reality ignore the view of those scientists who argue against its reality. It disturbs me how this has become (what I feel) is a political red herring for the liberal movement. I am sure that there are many who do care and believe that it is real, but the majority of voices that I hear don't seem sincere. They want something. It is a PR stunt.
Anyway, 31,000+ scientists have already signed this petition saying that they do not believe that global warming is caused by CO2 emissions and that those same emissions are actually helpful. I find that compelling. Granted, many of those who signed are possibly not experts int he field, so you do need to take this with a grain of salt. I will also share the insight that the website worldnetdaily.com is decidedly conservative. So, once again... that grain of salt. Pretty interesting stuff though.

No comments: