Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Good Scary Flick


This weekend, Sierra and I rented 1408. I have to say that it was one of the best scary movies I've seen in a very long time. I don't often get too into paranormal movies, but this one did it very well. It had a very good set up and carried that feeling through the whole film. John Cusack did a great job and so did my boy Sammy J.
It's basic premise is that of an author who travels around debunking haunted hotel myths. More than that, though... you'll just have to go rent it.
Part of what made it so good to me was how clean it was. There was no nudity, hardly any swearing and it wasn't overly gory. basically, it scared and thrilled us without having to be cheapened with shock value.
It is an adaptation of a short story by Sir Stephen King.

No comments: