Thursday, October 11, 2007

Farewell to my love...

Well, I guess I don't need to keep it under wraps anymore. I have officially quit Twenty Mule Team. It was one of the toughest decisions I've ever had to make. How do you just walk away from something that you love that much? I'm not going to go into any details on here, because it is a very spiritual and sacred thing for me and not something that I just want to toss out on the internet for all to see. I don't mind talking about it, though. Please don't feel awkward bringing it up in front of or with me.
I love Twenty Mule Team. I love what we were able to accomplish in our time together. Getting to know Alex and Steven the way I have has enriched my life tremendously. Matt, has been and still is one of my best friends and the honor to have played with those guys and written the music we did will forever be cherished.

I realize that this doesn't mean I won't ever write a song again, or even perform songs I've written. It is different, though. It is definitely different.

So thanks to everyone who showed us love and support throughout the years. Thanks to the guys for the wonderful memories. I wish you the best of luck and the Lord's blessings as you go down the path I can't tread. Hopefully, I will be able to somehow live vicariously through you and experience some of the joys of so great an adventure.

No comments: