Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The Family Soup

I don't know if I have linked to my sister-in-law's special blog creation, yet (I realize that Cal has also been involved in this project, but for some reason I think of it more as Bethany's brain-child). It is called The Family Soup. The basic idea behind the site is to have "a place where people can come (single, married, divorced, widowed, etc.) and gain strength and wisdom from other ordinary people who have ‘been there’" (taken from the 'About' section of the site). Thus, it is a place where family, friends, and even strangers can open up, be honest about life's difficulties, and share their experiences with each other. A very wide variety of topics is/will be covered on there, and it is divided into different "rooms" depending on what you are looking for. Por ejemplo, the kitchen is where people can gather to swap stories of their challenges, the family room is focused more directly on the challenges that affect families, and the sandbox is a place to talk about the strange and funny things that children do.

As far as I know there is an open invitation to all to come participate and share, and I highly recommend it. To begin with, I will direct you Bethany's most recent blog post (their own personal blog space as administrators of the site) where she shares a great idea on bringing a little more unity to a marriage and family. The Family Soup Blog.

2 comments:

heather said...

Wow, what a great idea! I might have to comment on the her blog! Thanks for letting us know.

Ryan said...

Time for a new post John. Five days is cutting it pretty close.

-The Blog Police Department