Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Joss Whedon is up to his old tricks again...

Well, Joss Whedon (the creator of Alias, Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show, Firefly, and Serenity) has a new project that he is working on called Dr. Horrible. It stars Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser, M.D.), Nathan Fillion (Firefly/Serenity), and Felicia Day (who was in some episodes of Buffy, but I haven't ever heard of her before). To be honest, I don't really know how to describe it other than to say it is quirky and funny. Think: Superhero Musical. My guess is that a lot of people wouldn't really get into it, but I enjoyed it. What I don't know is whether this is a potential TV show, film, or just a fun little project for him and some friends to do on the side. Your guess is as good as mine.

Update:
So, I guess this project is actually a strange little experiment for Joss. It began during the WGA strike, and the idea was to basically circumvent the studios in the creative and productive process of making a show.
The mini-TV series will only have three parts (at least initially--I wouldn't be surprised if Joss decided to do something more with it int he future) and only made available online from now until July 20th. The second part will be released tomorrow, and the third (and final) chapter will be released on the 19th.

No comments: