Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Very Touching

I just learned that my 11-year-old niece, Emilee, opted to do something different this year for her birthday. Instead of having the 10 girls that were invited to her birthday party bring gifts for her, she had them bring gifts for two widows in her ward. They put them in baskets and went and dropped them off. All of it was her idea.

I'm so impressed by her. I don't think I would have been willing to do that for my eleventh birthday. Shoot, I don't know if I'm willing to do that now.

It's amazing to me, though. People are always saying how bad this world is getting (myself included because, well, it is), but hearing a story like that inspires me. It gives me hope. What an amazing young woman (as far as I'm concerned, she has earned the right to be called a woman with a maturity like that).

No comments: