Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Metroid: The Sky Calls

I am a huge fan of the Metroid series. The original NES game caused me insane frustration, but I loved every second of it, largely due to the music playing behind the game. The music was eerie and created a strong sense of adventure, trepidation, and solitude. The game was like Zelda in its expansive world exploration, and survival was anything but given.

I adore this game franchise, and the thought of a feature film for the franchise makes me happy to no end. While Nintendo has had a strong stance against any feature films for their properties (after the Super Mario Bros. movie that was... less than a box office smash), there is always hope that someday Nintendo will change its mind.

Until then, enjoy this wonderful fan-made short film.

Metroid: The Sky Calls

No comments: