Monday, October 12, 2015

Let's Learn Garageband 10! Episode 7: The House of Grey

It's getting a little Halloweeney around here lately. For this week I was mostly just playing around with spooky sounds in Garageband. It was less focused on any technical aspects of recording. I had a lot of fun putting this one together, though. I stayed up a little too late one night, recording electric guitar parts, dozing off while recording a super way-too-long track. The next day I sat down and listened through that track and was surprised to find a couple of great gems I came up with in my half sleep. So this gave me a chance to practice editing in Garageband a little bit, too.

I gotta say, sometimes I really miss ProTools. Garageband allows you to do some amazing things, but it is definitely not full-featured. I miss ProTools most when it comes time to edit and mix.

Anyway, enjoy a little taste of Halloween.

No comments: