Monday, September 21, 2015

Let's Learn Garageband 10! Episode 4: Ocean Swells

Over the weekend I stayed at a beach house with my family and some friends in Mission Beach in San Diego (California, USA, Earth). It was wonderful. One morning while there I wanted to create an appropriate soundscape for the waves. So this song and video are the result of me searching around Garageband for synthesizer soundscape material. This one was not done with any metronome and truthfully contains only three musical notes (the different soundscapes/instruments I found allowed for enough variety for me to focus in on the timing of the notes as opposed to the variety).

Anyway, I had a lot of fun with it. I'm very pleased with the sounds I'm getting from Garageband. My major focus for right now is to just explore the sounds that I can get with Garageband. I'm not really learning the program a ton, yet. I'll toss out useful tips along the way when I eventually do.

Until next time, no worries.

No comments: