Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Day 1

I don't think I will try to get on here every single day. I imagine it would get repetitive and dull pretty quickly. However, certain landmarks deserve reporting and certain insights deserve mentioning. So here goes...

I wrote 5, 175 words today, and it felt amazing! There are few things that I love more than reading a good book but I think that this one easily meets that standard. I found myself deeply enthralled in the story and character development, just as I do while reading a well-written story, and I even found myself being surprised along the way, just like I do while reading a good story. I had breakthrough moments where a solution to plot points that I had realized were problematic would suddenly pop into my mind and I'd be able to adjust my planning accordingly.

More than anything else, it was tremendous fun to write and I am thoroughly enjoying this story that I am working on. I have discovered all sorts of problems with the plot, characters, and just about everything else, but at this stage I don't need to worry about it; I just need to keep writing and making notes of them here and there (as well as the possible solutions that spring to mind) and I can worry about fixing things later.

So, NaNoWirMo is off to a glorious start and I bought myself some leeway for tomorrow since it is my long day and I will have close to no time to write at all.

Now I am off to bed because 5:00 a.m. comes EARLY.

2 comments:

heather said...

Way to go Papa! That's a ton of words you got down. I've been meaning to comment on this ever since you posted a while back about writing. I think your story will be good and I hope you share it. I've always thought you were a good writer. Your songs are legit so I'm excited to see your story....if you are willing to share it. :)
Good luck!

elopingcamel said...

I'm totally willing to share it eventually, but I may hold off until I try that whole getting published avenue. If no publishers bite, then I'll continue writing new novels and possibly self-publish it or just releases it in some eBook format. We'll just have to wait and see.

I can guarantee that I have no intention of just writing it and shelving it somewhere secret, someplace safe.