Wednesday, September 21, 2011

National Novel Writing Month

Today I heard about a special month called November and how it has been dubbed by someone (I have no clue who so I'll guess... Shakespeare?) "National Novel Writing Month." Well it just so happens that I have big dreams of writing one of the novels that have floated around my head for years, having that novel published by some company who wants to pay me lots of money for it, and then having the novel be widely read and loved by at least 30 people.

So I have decided to participate in NaNoWriMo (stole that from Graham Bradley) this year. However, there are some realities of life that make me wonder if I can do the full out experience. I guess there are some groups that set guidelines on how many words you are supposed to write and what not. Some groups expect 50k. Yeesh. That is a lot of writing for a newbie like me. So instead I may just start my own "group" of first-time authors and set a lower threshold (maybe 20,000?). So, anyone interested in joining up? We could even come up with some sort of prize for the winner (I imagine that is determined by who writes the most words and is not based on the quality of writing; the whole point of this exercise is to make you write and not worry about how it is coming out).

So... who is in?

No comments: