Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Some News For Your Tuesday

Well, Sierra and I have decided to attend UNLV's Boyd School of Law. I begin in August. We are excited and, despite my initial desire to go to D.C. for law school, are feeling quite at peace with our decision to stay. What this also means is that we will be in town for a long time to come (although it is possible that we could leave Vegas after law school if offered an incredible job somewhere else, we have no intention of leaving Las Vegas if it can be avoided; we like it here). So, we have begun the process of buying a house.

We want to stay in the Green Valley area, but are also looking just outside of it in the Black Mountain area. Thus far, we have seen some pretty cool houses. I will let you know how the house hunt goes and we will try to post some pictures on here once we find a place. That is all for now.

9 comments:

heather said...

So exciting! We live in Southern Highlands...we like it. But Green Valley area is pretty nice. Maybe I'm biased because that is where I grew up. Good luck!

Sara said...

Congratulations! This is very exciting news.

Ryan said...

Sweet! Congrats! You are going to be in the same class as Kevin. (my cousin)

Felicia said...

Congrats on going to UNLV! And on buying a house! That's such an adult thing to do. Good luck!

Jennie said...

I was just talking with the parents this weekend about what you guys are up to and I'm so proud!! They tell me you're on scholarship too- congrats bro!! Happy vegas living for you!

Whit N Adam said...

yaaay for you guys! just get one before june so you can get the tax credit :)

elopingcamel said...

That is the plan, Adam (or Whitney... it said both). Thanks everyone for the kind and encouraging words. Thus far it seems the hardest part is remembering to stay within our budget, when for just ten thousand more we could get...

Self control is good. I shall learn it.

Matt & Jen Hanks said...

YAY!!! I am so glad that you guys are staying here!!! :) How happy I am!! That is exciting that you are on the hunt for a house!!!!! Good luck!

Linda Whitaker said...

Congratulations on both! That is fantastic news for a dear long lost friend!