Friday, December 11, 2009

Save The Date

Well, thanks Jen Hunt (formerly of Spooner fame) for the link to this amazing Engagement Announcement video. To answer your question, Sierra and I did not announce our engagement like this. Had our love been as pure, as potent, as...primordial...as that couple, we certainly would have. Alas, theirs is a love that exists outside of the bonds--the chains--of reality. I hereby raise my glass in toast and honor of Dan and Jen... whoever and wherever you both may be. May your children be numerous and your foreheads grow as the mighty oak.

8 comments:

Stefu said...

Carmina Burana! What did I tell you!? Anyway, very unusual. Jenna and I were planning something similar for our baby's birth announcement...

heather said...

Random...hilarious.

Jared. Jess. Jack said...

WOW.

Matt said...

Oh goodness is that awesome!!! My favorite part is a toss-up between the randomness of the light saber appearance and the irrelevance of the fruit slicing. I'm still giggling.

Jennie said...

OMG. Um... I have not the words. How many different tales did they weave into their story that still made no sense? Also, did she ever even look happy to be stuck with him? Wow.

Mrs. Ordinary said...

I am fairly disappointed your engagement did not involve an other-realm video component. However, there is time yet. This could also make a very nice anniversary celebration. Maybe a law school graduation announcement?

elopingcamel said...

First, I'll need to own a video camera that was made within the past decade. Then, perhaps I can try taking on some sort of project like that.

Felicia & Brandon said...

Just found your blog, John. I, too, feel like my husband and I must not have had a love so pure as these two. I am sure they have had many robust children by now.