Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fun Quotes

My sister posted a collection of quotes that she had come across over the past while and enjoyed on our family site. I thought I'd share them with you all here. Enjoy.


You’re only young once, but with a little luck you can be immature forever

Babies are such a great way to start people

I coo, I poo, that's all I do

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some, like me, just don’t have any film

You’re not old, you’re chronologically gifted

Remember, as far as anyone knows, we are a normal family

You’re never too old to play dress up

I don’t think getting old is a big deal, really. But I guess you would know more about it than I do.

I’ve been a key figure in the history of chocolate. If chocolate comes near me, it’s history!

Grandparents are just antique little kids

How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? –Satchel Paige

All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific

I’m not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing

Old is the new new. See? We’re right on trend

The car? It’s just one giant purse on wheels

Trying to look young is really getting old

When I have a problem, I listen to my gut. It usually tells me to eat chocolate

You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf

You don’t have to drive me crazy. I’m close enough to walk

Dance like no one is watching. We could all use a good laugh

God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage

God said it, I believe it, and that settles it

God watches us at all times. Let’s try to be entertaining

Here’s to another year of bad habits

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol

If we can’t laugh at ourselves, let’s make fun of someone else

If you can’t be a good example, be a dire warning

We’ve been through a lot together, and most of it was your fault

Who were you before you put yourself last?

I tried to contain myself, but I escaped

In story books marriage is a happy ending. In real life, it’s a happy beginning

If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans

The best lessons aren’t in a book, they’re from my dad

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.--Jack Handey

Eagles may soar in the clouds, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines

Women are meant to be loved, not understood --Oscar Wilde

2 comments:

heather said...

There are some pretty funny ones on this list. Where did she get them all from?

elopingcamel said...

She said that many (if not most) came from Greeting cards and Birthday cards. Others she may have just stumbled across while surfing the intrawebs.